News & Events
|CIEH Food Safety Training |
Food Sense is a Registered Centre to deliver CIEH Food Hygiene Courses at level 2 and 3.
Level 2 Food Safety: The Level 2 in food safety is ideal for all those requiring food hygiene training for industry. Designed for anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled. Food Sense can deliver the following range of Level 2 Food Hygiene courses:
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
• Level 2 Food Safety Refresher
Foreign Language Options
Food Sense can deliver all Level 2 in the following language options
Bengali, Cantonese, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Tamil, Thai, Turkish and Urdu.
Level 2 Course Outline
Course duration: 6 hours including exam. Assessment method: Multiple choice examination 30 questions. Pass mark 20. QCA Accredited. The qualifications cover the following topics:
• Food safety and hygiene hazards
• Temperature control
• Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
• Cooking, hot holding and reheating
• Food handling
• Principles of safe food storage
• Food premises and equipment
Price: Prices start from £10.00/ person refresher course and £25.00/ person Level 2 Course.
For further details or to arrange a course click here
Level 3 Food Safety. The level 3 Award is designed for those working in all food businesses at a supervisory level. Changes in legislation effective from January 2006 have placed greater onus and accountability on anyone in the food business with supervisory responsibility. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
Designed for: Managers and supervisors in medium and large manufacturing or catering businesses.
Courses available include
• Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
• Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing
• Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Retail
Level 3 Course Outline. Course duration: Three day programme 18 hours including exam. Assessment method: Multiple choice exam. QCA Accredited: Yes . The qualification covers the following topics:
• Supervisory management
• Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
• Contamination control
• Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
• Implementing good food safety procedures
• Contributing to the safety training of others
Price: Prices start from £80.00 / person.
To arrange a course click here